THE SERVICES SETA IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, ENVIRONMENT, CONSERVATION, AND TOURISM (DEDECT) IS INVITING UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES IN NORTH WEST TO APPLY FOR THE BUSINESS ADVISORY CANDIDACY OPPORTUNITY:
Business Advisory Services means all advisory services rendered to entrepreneurs or business owners to develop their capability to successfully establish, grow, improve, and sustain their enterprise through an ongoing process of consultation. In this instance, Business Advisors or Business Consultants typically service the small business sector and start-ups. Small businesses and start-ups lack the means to pay for Business Advisory Services despite evidenced-based impact. Where provided, Business Advisory Services are often funded by government/public entities, donors, or investors to mitigate risk. Despite high demand and high impact, the low affordability and inadequate funding compromises the feasibility of the occupation and in turn the ability of Business Advisors to self-fund their professional development.
1. BUSINESS ADVISORY CANDIDACY PROGRAMME (100 CANDIDATES)
The SETAs Workplace Based Learning Programme Agreement Regulations, 2018, issued on 16 November 2018 define ‘Candidacy’ to mean: “a period of workplace-based learning undertaken by a graduate as part of the requirement for registration as a professional in the required professional designation as stipulated by a professional body.”
Participants in a candidacy programme will undergo a combination of a pre-assessment, and skills programmes training, which will be supported by a mentoring and coaching of candidates by experienced mentors in partnership with two appointed national bodies the South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA) and the Institute of Business Advisors of Southern Africa (IBASA). The outputs for a Candidacy programme will include:
- The gaining of skills, experience and competencies in business advising by candidates and possible awarding of professional designations by the two appointed professional bodies, thus contributing to the drive towards professionalization of business advising. These will be higher level business advisors.
- Being placed with an employer who is going to provide the workplace skills for the duration of this programme.
- Candidates will receive a monthly stipend for a period of 12 months.
- Support to plus-minus 500 SMMEs with business advisory support by the candidates as part of the experiential learning and collection of PoE’s during the candidacy: and the
- Creation of about 100 business advising Micro-enterprises.
2. Only applicants who meet the following requirements should apply for admission into a Candidacy programme:
2.1. Be a South African Citizen
2.2. Unemployed (must have been unemployed for at least 9 months)
2.3. Under the age of 35 years
2.4. In possession of an Under-Graduate Degree/Diploma in Commerce / Business Administration/Management / Human resources/ Entrepreneurship and/or Marketing.
2.5. Interested in becoming a professional business advisor
2.6. Must have not previously received funding or been registered with Services Seta on any of their learning programmes. Committed to remain in the programme for the full duration (12 months)
3. Your application must be accompanied by:
3.1. An updated CV
3.2. A cover letter motivating the purpose/reasons for applying
3.3. Certified copies of (not older than 3 months):
3.3.2. Degree/ Diploma Certificate
3.3.3. Academic transcript or statement of results
3.3.4. Proof of residence indicating that you reside in the North West Province
4. Email your application with all attachments to BAScandidacy@serviceseta.org.za
Closing date for all applications is 10 May 2021.