CFO- Putting our key stakeholders at the
centre of what we do and how we do it for a firsthand experience
2. What do
entities need to do to ensure prompt payment of stipends?
- Administer learner attendance through timeous
submission of compliant registers and confirmation of attendance calculations
3. What was the
biggest challenge with the first payment and what are future plans to resolve
- None, late or incomplete submission of
- None submission of payment details(phone
number or account number)
- None compliant attendance registers (e.g. not
signed by facilitators, incomplete learner details, wrong template)
- Incorrect submission of banking details
- Inadequately tested instant money payment
- Terminated or none SETA learners submitting
4. Why should
stakeholders support this change?
- For a better
attendance monitoring and output rate
5. Where is the
- Head Office
6. What will be
the role of provincial offices in this change?
- Assist in addressing stipend queries
7. What is the
role of the Services SETA and Employers in relation to UIF and COIDA?
- Refer to attached programme cycle
8. What happens to
outstanding stipends not paid by the company previously managing stipend
- Queries are to be send to Blams.email@example.com (Evidence that attendance registers
were sent to previous company must be provided)
9. Please simplify
the payment cycle and why is it important?
- Due to stipend allowance based on attendance
and months having different working days, payment cycle is to ensure that
allowance are based on 21 days throughout the lifespan of the programme
10. What is the
service promise of the new team?
- Constant payments of stipend allowance to
eligible beneficiaries at correct time
For more info please download below documents.
Programme and Payment Cycle
Stipend Payment Changes